by Dr. John Vandewalle
There is no doubt that 2020 has been the test of our resilience and the fight is not over. As leaders in our communities, we set the example by our mere presence and our resilience becomes the resilience of others in our circles. We often have to pinch ourselves to remind us where we are and what we are aiming for and more importantly what we are grateful for. Here are some considerations that may prod us to stay the course and allow others to follow.
For our personal wellbeing: Be mindful of our health and social welfare with considerations
- Wash our hands as often as possible – it is good practice.
- Consider a small bottle of sanitizer for instant access.
- Wear a mask in front of others to show respect for them and our loved ones.
- Keep a distance
- Take extra precautions for those in the “at risk” groups
- Be prepared to listen as we all have our own concerns. This will foster the community trust.
- Keep our eyes and ears tuned for trends, information, sage input that hovers above the fray and allows us to stay ahead of the game.
- Gather and use data to make informed decisions.
- Share our leadership with our constituents to give them confidence and courage.
- When all else fails, break out of our silos and reach out to our community for mutual support
- If we are struggling, call a friend or perhaps make a new friend
- Carry a little gift bag in your car or purse in case someone on the street can savor a small pleasure
For our organization’s wellbeing: Be mindful of our leadership and our team
- Stay communicating – more than ever
- Meet regularly with our teams
- Focus on our vision, mission, goals and values
- Recreate our plan/s and ensure they infiltrate through out
- Revisit our plan weekly with our team as the dynamics are in flux
- Re-recruit our team and thank them more than often
- Pay special attention to leadership and technology
- Be more creative and entrepreneurial than ever
- Brake down our silos and reach out aggressively that makes us uncomfortable
- Be the example of supporting local on all fronts
- APPRECIATE THE HEROES OF THE MOMENT -> YOU ARE PART OF THE PARADE
DROP ME A LINE and let me know what 2021 is bringing for you.
Dr John Vandewalle, CEO Lumen Touch. email: email@example.com